Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Nosferatu: Silent and Deadly

When I was in high school, I used to take long walks into town, where I'd hit up the library and comic book shop. One Saturday, I checked out a VHS of Nosferatu and watched it--for the first time--in a study room in the Longwood College library, with huge headphones on.


 It's one of those experiences that opened up a new world to me.

I first thought of doing a small pack of Nosferatu trading cards for this site, but then realized "Why not launch it as a campaign?" I sat down the other night and got to work and, by yesterday evening, launched the Nosferatu 13 Trading Cards of Terror campaign with a goal of just $500.

This is going to be a short, fun campaign with a very limited print run. My initial thoughts are 250, but I may even cut it down to 100.

The card fronts were designed to showcase the stills, while the backs will each have a unique design (hey, I needed a challenge somewhere!).

Each card back will also have a relevant piece of info about the film itself, some taken from my studies in writing the documentary Monsters Among Us, while others will be newly researched.

My next post is gonna have something also very, very cool. It will only take a few more days to cook up!

No comments:

Post a Comment